Open House Ideas For New Biz

Business By cblupe Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 4:07pm by sexysnowtiger

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 4

I just opened my shop in August starting out selling cupcakes, cookies and truffles daily. I really thought I needed to sell cupcakes in the beginning to get my name and taste out there.

I have a storefront, am legally licensed, insured and health department inspected.

I don't have time to do cupcakes anymore because as soon as I opened my doors the cake orders started rolling in (I know, this is good, it's what I wanted). In order to do a good job on the cakes I had to let the cupcakes go but do sell them once in a while if I have extra batter.

Anyway, I signed up to do an open house the first Saturday in December and don't know what to do. Suggestions would be so appreciated. I am thinking of making mini cupcakes for people to have but was wondering what ya'll thought I should do? Sell regular cupcakes and cookies etc. I have my displays in the window and some other stuff in the storefront for people to see my work.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice!

Carol

3 replies
cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 4

I am reposting this because I thought surely someone would have some input. I apologize if this isn't the type of question that CC members aren't interested in replying to.

designdiva22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designdiva22 Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 4

Don't know why you didn't get any responses... I just saw this so here's my opinion:

Cupcakes and mini cupcakes would be a good idea for an open house since people will not really buy a whole cake at an open house. Or maybe you could have sheet cakes of your best flavors and serve party-sized pieces?

I saw your website... your sugar flowers are so beautiful!

sexysnowtiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexysnowtiger Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 4

Hi, I am so sorry that no one has responded to you as of yet. They probably haven't seen your post. This is the first time that I have seen it. I think selling cupcakes and cookies are a great idea maybe even petiti fours. Good Luck in your Open House.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%