Designated Area For Airbrushing?

Decorating By Saulite Updated 15 Nov 2011 , 2:06am by timhenk

Saulite Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 6

hi, i recently purchased a kopykake airmaster. and i love it, except for the fact that when i color my cakes(roses in the most recent case) in red, my whole house has red pain residue.
I was thinking of getting some sort of box. Like do my airbushing inside of a box w/o one of the flaps.I would make a hole in it for a vacuum cleaner to suck out excess paint mist, but cant really see its working all the way. Paper box will be too dark and fish tank box wont work cause i cant cut a hole for a vacuum hose.

any ideas?

5 replies
jones5cm Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 6

I've not had any problems with over spray since I started using one of those 'three-sided' project boards (I found it in the school/art supplies at Walmart). I set it up behind whatever I'm airbrushing and it has helped cut down the residue. How much psi are you using from your compressor?? Maybe you could lower that some too? HTH!

Saulite Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 6

jones5cm, i work with the lowest PSI(i think its 5 or 10), turn my AC/Heater off, so it wont get upstairs.
CWR41, its a great design, but wow, the price is a bit too much. maybe i can build something similar to this myself.... just a lot simplier.

tiggy2 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 6

Check out Earlene Moore's website, she has instructions on building a portable spray booth. http://www.earlenescakes.com/AirbrushCabInst.html

timhenk Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 2:06am
post #6 of 6

Whenever I use my airbrush, I also wear a cheap facemask (you can get at home depot), which really cuts down on what you inhale. If you've been airbrushing without one, you've undoubtedly blown your nose later and been astonished with how much color you inhaled!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%