Need Ideas For A T-Rex Cake For 6Yro Badly Party.

Decorating By Jknoxcake2011 Updated 13 Nov 2011 , 9:52pm by Jknoxcake2011

3 replies
Jknoxcake2011 Posted 13 Nov 2011 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 4

Ok my autocorrect has gone crazy. For a birthday party, not badly lol!

jolle100 Posted 13 Nov 2011 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 4

I don't think this cake is "blah." Her cakes are cool..or should I say, smokin' hot...?

I made a dinosaur themed cake for a four year old boy. The t-rex was sort of a burnt sienna, made of fondant and gum paste. A large volcano sat atop a 10 inch cake with the boy's name flowing down the sides of it, like lava. I also made a yellow triceratops and a green pterosaur. On the sides of the 10 inch cake I in-laid fossil bones of three dinosaurs (my son made them), one of which ended in a pile at the base of the cake. I used Oreo buttercream..thinking it looked like sedimentary rock.

I think it would have been cool if I could have made the pterosaur "fly"...but, I'm not great with figures...still figuring it out.[/img]

Jknoxcake2011 Posted 13 Nov 2011 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 4

Well I agree i don't think it is blah either (thats why lt's my model icon_smile.gif

What do you think about a tiered cake[2 levels], 10 inch round on bottom and a 2-dimensional trex (like the one on the cake in the link) standing up on the side of the tier and then a 6 inch tier on top with a vocano (maybe i could make some clouds on wires where i could pipe his name on the "volcano smoke".

If i add Tylose to my MMF will it dry stiffer? would that make it easier to stand up if i wanted it to?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%