Please Help.. How Are Cupcakes Baked Like This?

Baking By pandycakes27 Updated 14 Nov 2011 , 12:18pm by scp1127

pandycakes27 Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

So I had a cupcake from a local cake shop and I've never seen one like it before. It was the same colour on top as inside and looks as though the colour of the batter didn't change whilst it was baking. Also the top of the cupcake wasn't slightly harder/crusty but was just as soft as the inside of the cupcake. I don't have a picture but the best way I can describe how it looked is that it resembled how cupcakes look when you bake them in a microwave.
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to bake cakes like this, is there a certain method/ingredient used which would provide these results, or is it more something to do with the type of oven the cakes are baked in?
Any information on this would be highly appreciated!
Thanks. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MimiFix Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 5

Can you take some photos? That would help...

scp1127 Posted 12 Nov 2011 , 3:30am
post #3 of 5

Buddy Valastro's Italian custard cupcakes are like that and they are delicious. You have to first make a thick Italian cream custard, let it cool, then add 2 cups of it to his yellow cake batter. They don't change color, have great consistency, and they are super moist. I love them. I have used these for charity events and even if I make too many, they are all gone. They are in his first book, but he has published the recipe. Just google it.

pandycakes27 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 11:32am
post #4 of 5

Oh my goodness, I've had a look at these on google images and they do look like what I had in mind.
Thank you so much icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 5

If it was a small bakery, it could be the ones. For best results, Make sure the pastry cream is really thick. I use the hand mixer in the pot and slightly increase the thickener. They bake a few minutes longer because of all of the moisture, but be careful, they do not brown.

I served these last year at a Breast Cancer dinner. I filled them with gourmet raspberry preserves and topped them with raspberry FBC. I sent about 180 cupcakes and 140 attended. When I picked up the stand at the end of the dinner, they were all gone. If the average goes that 70% eat the dessert, then people really made room for these. They are so unique, but everyone loves them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%