Quick Freezing Cakes And Stuff

Decorating By kikidee Updated 11 Nov 2011 , 6:46pm by BlakesCakes

kikidee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikidee Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 5:46am
post #1 of 7

Hi, Im new to cake central. Mighty glad to find this site. Can I use Miller Stephenson quik freeze on my cakes? My husband's got dozens of those and I was wondering if its safe. I've googled the topic endlessly but cant get anywhere.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 9:27am
post #2 of 7

What on earth is it?

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 10:01am
post #3 of 7

Omgosh! I wouldn't! Ive never heard of the stuff but I did a quick google on it and it's a chemical that's used for instantly freezing plastic, rubber and other things. One site said if inhaled it could cause heart palpitations!! Read on:

For hot-cold intermittence testing of electronic components and protection of components during soldering.  Excellent for cooling epoxy in composite forming and reducing tack in prepreg applications. Also used for freezing biological specimens. Instantly freezes small areas to -55°F/-48°C. Compatible with most plastics, rubbers and metals. Nonflammable. No ODC (ozone depleting chemicals)

Quik-Freeze® Antistatic
MS-242N-AS (14oz Aerosol)
Same general application as MS-242N but with an antistatic agent. Helps dissipate any static charges which may build up during spray.  Instantly freezes small areas to -40°F/-40°C. Compatible with most plastics, rubbers and metals. Nonflammable. No ODC (ozone depleting chemicals).

Safezone Cleaner for Plastic, Glass & Metal
MS-260 (16oz Aerosol)
MS-260M (8oz Pump)
MS-262 (Qt, Gal, 5G, 55G)
A high quality cleaner especially suitable for non-streak cleaning of glass, metal, ceramic, polycarbonate, acrylic and plastic - including Plexiglas®. Excellent for use on dials, gauges and oscilloscopes. Also recommended for aircraft windshields. Contains no ammonia. No ODC (ozone depleting chemicals).
NSN 7930-01-064-5179 (Aerosol)

Media Head CleanerMS-700 (16oz Aerosol MS-700M (8oz Aerosol)
MS-702 (4oz, 8oz, Qt, Gal, 5G, 55G)
A nonflammable blend containing a Hydrofluoroether (HFE). Removes contaminants and oxide build up on magnetic tape systems, memory systems and read/write heads. Head wear is reduced and head life is extended. Compatible with most plastics. No ODC (ozone depleting chemicals).
Product Index Freeze Agents/Coolants Specialty Cleaner Media Head Cleaner Miller-Stephenson Products Aero-Duster® and Quik-Freeze® are registered trademarks of Miller-Stephenson.
Plexiglas® is a registered trademark of Atofina Chemical
Aero-Duster®
Aerosol Accessories
Home News Product Index Technical Help Offices/Ordering Literature/MSDS History Contact Us

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 10:04am
post #4 of 7

Whoops! I only meant to copy and paste the first paragraph! Darn iPad! Any way, I got the info directly from the Miller Stephenson website.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 7

Just use your own freezer. And it is best to have a dedicated cake freezer so no other items are compromised by the raised temp while cake is hot. I have a sub zero freezer at home and at my shop that are only for cake.

Would not trust using anything from a can to freeze my cakes.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 7

Seriously? What's wrong with just popping them in a freezer where there are other food items?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 6:46pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikidee

Hi, Im new to cake central. Mighty glad to find this site. Can I use Miller Stephenson quik freeze on my cakes? My husband's got dozens of those and I was wondering if its safe. I've googled the topic endlessly but cant get anywhere.

NO

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%