Advise On Decorating.

Decorating By cryssi45 Updated 10 Nov 2011 , 11:51pm by cryssi45

cryssi45 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making this cake for the weekend and I was wanting to get some advise on how to make a 3D cross with the cloth on it without it falling over. I'm afraid that it'll be too top heavy and would tip. as for the scroll, i was wondering how to get a "scroll paper" look onto the fondant. I'm wanting the cross to be about 4 inches tall. Any advise on this would be awesome. Thanks. http://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/cryssi45/?action=view¤t=2011-11-10_17-11-31_579.jpg

2 replies
step0nmi Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 3

what I would do is make my cross out of fondant and get yourself some of those long bamboo skewers...I would push the skewer into the fondant after letting dry overnight, keep it long instead of cutting it so that it goes to the bottom of your board through the cake (or any dowel for that matter) and then cut off any excess to get it to touch the cake. do the same for going the other way to hold up your sides. you might even want to attach the ones that go out the sides with the skewer in it and some chocolate to get it to stick well. as in two halves getting poked into the middle part instead of all the way through. i hope that makes sens :p HTH

cryssi45 Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you. I'll try my best. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%