Going To See Buddy Valastro (Cake Boss) This Friday

Lounge By Cookie4 Updated 14 Nov 2011 , 4:14am by Cookie4

Cookie4 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 4

I'm so excited! My daughter scored a couple of tickets for me to see Buddy Valastro this Friday in Houston at Jones Hall. I can hardly wait. I recently posted on his tv show site online and asked if he could show how to make one of his pastries from his website and he actually did it on one of the tv segments. I'm hoping to have an opportunity to talk to him personally and thank him (and maybe ask him for another recipe). Wish me luck!

3 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 4

Wishing you luck! Have a wonderful time! Tell us all about it when you get back.

Teekakes Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 4

Cookie4, Did you get VIP tickets for the meet and greet after the show? If you did then you will be able to meet Buddy in person. Hubby and I are going too and can hardly wait! icon_smile.gif
Kudos to your daughter for getting you tickets to see THE Cake Boss!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie4 Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 4:14am
post #4 of 4

Yes, I did have VIP tickets, however hubby didn't want to stay any later. I was doing great just to get him to join me for the evening.

OK - so here's a brief run down of the evening which was wonderful. It basically is a one-man show and Buddy did a great job. Everyone was laughing. I didn't know that Carlos's Bakery is over 100 years old and the history behind it which was very interesting. He's done a remarkable job in promoting his bakery, staff and hiimself and the way he accomplished it all is nothing short of a miracle. If you don't know his background he started running the bakery after his father died and apparently didn't finish high school as he took a year off to help his Dad.

Food network didn't want another "cake show" on the air but when another winner of a Network Challenge sent in a tape of her win Buddy was one of ther losing challengers and TLC wanted to know who he was. The rest is history.

I really wanted to stay and ask about some of his bakery items but discovered that he's coming out with a 2nd book (I didn't even now that he had a 1st book) so that's all I would have stayed for.

In case you haven't heard, he did purchase (I think thats what he said) the new building where he will be shipping his cakes around the country, plus holding classes and who knows what else. I say GOOD FOR YOU BUDDY! I suspect we'll soon see his products on shelves too - not only cakey stuff but actual cakes.

He's very family oriented and had his three children with him and they are adorable. I love the fact that he does so much for the Make-a-Wish Foundation as well.

So when he was asked how many supplies he uses per month he replied with 10,000 lbs of Fondant. And when someone wrote to him explaining that he was saying Fon-Dont instead of Fondant - his answers was: When I buy 10,000 lbs of that suff each month I can call it what a d.... well want to call it. I'm still laughing over that one.

I really like the guy and I wish his bakery was around my corner!

Buddy, if you're reading this I wish you continued success in the future!

Quote by @%username% on %date%