Can I Put Melted Chocolate Directly Onto Cake?

Decorating By lilmissmoffat Updated 9 Nov 2011 , 5:02am by tarabara

lilmissmoffat Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 4

can i paint the bottom of my giant cupcake with melted down chcolate? my candy liner keeps spliiting and i dont want to trim the caqke so could i just paintt he chocolate onto the base? what effect would this have on the cake if any>?

3 replies
itscake Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 4

Hi lilmissmoffat
Not sure I understand your question...do you want to bake the cake with the chocolate lined pan? If so I would not recommend it..chocolate melts and you would have a sticky mess on the bottom..if you are making cupcake...you can make cupcake liners for them out of melted chocolate..let harden and insert cupcakes once they have cooled..some trimming may have to be done... hope this helps and good luck with your baking....

tarabara Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 4

Are you asking if you can make a shell for the base of your cupcake? If so, this link explains how to do it: http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.160120497378405.33962.108750995848689&type=1

If the link gets deleted, go to the West Sussex Cupcake Company page on Facebook and go to her photos. At the top of the photos, click "See All Photos" and go to the album marked "Behind the Scenes II". She has clear directions there on how to make the chocolate cupcake liner. She also has pics of her giant cupcakes with the chocolate liner under her album "We Might Be Giants" and demonstrates trimming the giant cupcake down to fit the chocolate liner. Now if you're asking if you can bake the cupcake with the chocolate liner already around it, that would be a no.

tarabara Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 5:02am
post #4 of 4

Wait--just looked at this again. You're asking if you could paint the chocolate directly onto the cupcake after it's been baked. Sorry. Shouldn't harm the cake but I don't know that it's going to go on very smoothly. Might not look as nice as you're envisioning. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%