Order For Tomorrow, Can I Make The Cake Tonight??

Decorating By lilmissmoffat Updated 8 Nov 2011 , 12:36pm by artscallion

lilmissmoffat Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 10:56am
post #1 of 5

im not sure if i should have it ready tonight? giant cupcake..how do i store it over night...sorry i really feel im out my depth with this order and im mega stressed. will it affect the quality of the cake if i make it tonight? just curious to find out what everyone else does

4 replies
Lemmers Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 11:07am
post #2 of 5

Very few people will make a cake on the very same day that its needed as you need time to bake, cool, frost, decorate etc. You can make you cakes a few days in advance ususally then I think most on here decorate the day before it's required, or early the same morning if its needed in the afternoon.

As for storing- that will depend on what you've used to decorate! May be that once decorated it can just stand on the counter in its box, so long as there is nothing perishable on the cake (creams, fresh fruit etc). I avoid putting cakes in the fridge after decorating as it can dry the cake and make the texture too 'solid', so I avoid the above fillings generally!

lilmissmoffat Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 11:14am
post #3 of 5

ok great thanks for that advice x

Serena4016 Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 11:52am
post #4 of 5

I usually bake my cake a couple days ahead of time. You're fine!!

artscallion Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 5

My cakes are always baked ahead, frozen, then thawed two days before, finished and decorated the day before. They taste perfectly fresh.

This gives you time in case anything goes wrong. Imagine if you did everything the day of, planning to finish a few hours before delivery and something went wrong at the last minute. Maybe your frosting didn't turn out and you don't have extra PS to make more and while you're at the store, your canary has decided to make a nest in your unsupervised cake. It's a lot easier to recover from that if you have a day, rather than an hour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%