Wedding Rings?

Decorating By Lizmybit Updated 18 May 2012 , 1:30pm by ladij153

Lizmybit Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 3:41am
post #1 of 10

I've been asked by my church to make a cake for a Marriage event that they are having. They would like to have a topper of two gold wedding bands. I'm not excatly sure how to do it. Anyone have any advice? I'm thinking that I might just buy a topper, not sure I can make them even enough using fondant.

Thanks in advance.

9 replies
Unlimited Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 10
Originally Posted by Lizmybit

I'm thinking that I might just buy a topper....

Wedding ring toppers are certainly available. I wouldn't buy one thoughmost brides choose their own and supply it for the cake. I'd let her purchase it, so she gets what she wants.

Lizmybit Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 10

Hi thanks for the advice. It's not for a bride. It's for a marriage event they are having at my church. Since I am donating the cake, I'm not sure I can afford to buy a topper. that's why I was looking for alternate idea. Thanks though!

wildflowercakes Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 10

What if you shaped thin, narrow layers of fondant mixed with a little gumtex around the sides of a small round cake pan. Once they are dried glue them together with royal icing then place flowers around the base to cover any seams.

Leauna Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 10

How big do you need the rings to be. I would use something to wrap the rings around with fondant. You can purchase faux bauble and use one of them for the diamond. If you wanted to go the extra step you could even put an inscription on the inside of the bands. icon_smile.gif

icer101 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 10

Will this help? will look for more help also.

icer101 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 10

Here is another. She doesn,t say how she made it, but the band is really pretty. There could be some molds on the market also.

DeniseNH Posted 18 May 2012 , 11:48am
post #8 of 10

No one has asked her the following question. Are the golden bands suppose to be standing up or laying down on the cake? If standing up, fondant isn't going to work. What about thin strips of metal or aluminum that you might be able to get at the hardware store then cover them over with gold foil or spray paint them gold then put them in place after delivery with just a little fresh buttercream.

yortma Posted 18 May 2012 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 10

I found this pretty cake with fondant rings in the gallery

ladij153 Posted 18 May 2012 , 1:30pm
post #10 of 10

you could make them out of gum paste or pastillage as they both dry very hard. Roll out your gum paste so it's the thickness you want the wedding rings to be.Once you have cut them out and they have dried thoroughly then paint them with Super Gold powder mixed with vodka or lemon extract. Use a coffee can, or drinking glass or something similar to cut a large size then use a slightly smaller round can or glass to cut the inside hole. HTH! has a double wedding band mold but it's fairly small.

Quote by @%username% on %date%