Giant Cupcake Recipe

Baking By lilmissmoffat Updated 7 Nov 2011 , 2:11am by Apti

lilmissmoffat Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 4

hi does anyone have a giant cupcake recipe they can share with me? i have been making them using the folling recipe but the cake is sooooo heavy and dry. i want a moist light almost white sponge tahts is tasty not a yellow brick lol whcih is what im getting!!! im about to give up soon lol

3 replies
Dani1081 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 4

I use a Duncan Hines Cake mix. Makes a wonderful,light, moist cake and bakes wonderfully in the pan. The only thing I do out of the ordinary is that I bake the two halves separately. The bottom half has to bake for substantially longer than the top half, so that solves the problem of the top half being overdone by the time the bottom half is done.

JanH Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 1:41am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissmoffat

hi does anyone have a giant cupcake recipe they can share with me? i have been making them using the folling recipe but the cake is sooooo heavy and dry. i want a moist light almost white sponge tahts is tasty not a yellow brick lol whcih is what im getting!!! im about to give up soon lol

The recipe didn't attach (software glitch).

Can you post the recipe or a link?

Apti Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 2:11am
post #4 of 4

I also use Duncan Hines. Either doctored or not doctored, you will get a good, light cake. I agree with Dani1081 about baking them separately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%