Over Whipped Ganache

Baking By momg9 Updated 7 Nov 2011 , 1:49pm by momg9

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 8

I am making white chocolate ganache and I think I whipped it too long. It began to separate and curdle. Is there any way to save it?

7 replies
JennTheCakeLadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennTheCakeLadie Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 8

Bad news... Once it's broken, it's gone. I know of no way to save it, and I'm a pastry chef.

momg9 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 8

icon_sad.gif Thank you. Back to the store. I'll be more careful next time.

JennTheCakeLadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennTheCakeLadie Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 8

When I make ganache, especially with white choc, cause its crankier, I always whip it by hand. I heat the cream, and pour it over the chocolate, and then let it sit for about 2 min, to give the choc a chance to melt before I start mixing. Then I whip it by hand, just until it comes together.

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 8

Not sure about white chocolate ganache but I have done the same thing with regular chocolate ganache and I simply heated it up let it melt back to its former state, refrigerated it and whipped again when it chilled....worked like a charm.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 8

One thing to try before tossing it is to add, oddly enough, a bit of water and mix it together to redress the fat/water balance. I have done this with some success with dark chocolate in the past. Good luck with it.

momg9 Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 1:49pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all for your help. I did throw the batch away. I have made chocolate ganache with no problem before. I didn't realize their was a difference when using white chocolate. I was also using a different recipe than usual (from the Cake Bible).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%