Yellow Butter Cake

Baking By lmnissen Updated 6 Nov 2011 , 8:48pm by ILoveDaffodils

lmnissen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmnissen Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 2

I'm making a cake for the world's worst client. I'm fairly certain no matter what I end up with, she won't like it. I gave her a small sample of the yellow cake everyone always loves and she hated it. She wants a yellow cake that is buttery, moist and not quite dense but not fluffy and airy. Thats pretty much how I would describe my yellow cake, but ok. I was wondering if I could get a few "go-to" yellow cake recipes. Maybe even a doctored cake mix recipe since I really think that's the flavor she wants. I've found a few on this site, but the reviews aren't high enough to risk it. I figured I could make two or three and have her pick her favorite. I'd freeze the rest for a thanksgiving and birthday cake I have coming up.

Hopefully she would like one, but who knows. This is the woman that originally wanted a five tiered, one layer each tier, no filling, no frosting cake, to be covered in pink, milk chocolate flavored fondant with a pink and black pirate ship on top. All for $50! That was fun explaining the problems with her choices. I talked her down to three tiers with frosting and pink fondant over that. Fun

1 reply
ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 2

There was a yellow cake bake off a while back and the thread has some good information. Someone tabulated the results and put them in a spreadsheet along with all the recipes. Here is the link to the page that has the spreadsheet.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=633981&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=yellow&&start=390
You should check it out. I didn't participate but it is a great thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%