How Do I Put Colored Stitching On A Brown Cowboy Boot?

Decorating By kathik Updated 8 Nov 2011 , 3:50pm by kathik

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone. I haven't made any cakes for a long time, but I'm hoping to be a regular here again soon. Anyway, my daughter wants me to make a standing cowboy boot cake for her birthday, so I have been reading posts on these. But my biggest issue is that she wants fancy teal and cream colored stitching and I can't figure out how to do this on a brown boot. I'd love to hear your ideas, please!!!

Thanks,
Kathi

4 replies
tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 5

This is from the NYCcakegirl blog for Ron Ben-Israel's cakes. He shared a tutorial on how to do embroidery with fondant and a fondant extruder (I use a clay gun). It sounds like some of the techniques might work for what you're doing. Good luck with your cake!

tracey6277 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey6277 Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

ive done something simular before, the only way i could think of at the time was to use one of my tools and make stitching marks then get a tiny brush and dust or paint the different colour stitching in the marks. its a little time consuming but it looks great when its done. Hope that makes sense

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 5

What about piping it on with a #1 round tip and using royal icing or candy melts?

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all. My daughter wants some form of piping, not fondant decorations, so I think I am going to try marking it with the stitching tool and then pipe it on with a #0 tip.

Thanks,
Kathi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%