Uk Bakers? What's Your Favorite Online Stores?

Decorating By lostbaker Updated 8 Nov 2011 , 3:50pm by OMeuBolo

lostbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostbaker Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 13

Hey,

I've just moved to the UK, and am at a loss for where to shop. Should I rely on Amazon / Ebay, or do you recommend any other sites?

Thanks,
lostbaker.

12 replies
lostbaker Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 13

Bump? Sorry, but I really need to buy some stuff. Any help would be much appreciated!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 13
Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 13

Hi,

I use almondart.com/ sugarshack.co.uk the most and never have a problem with either.

lostbaker Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 12:28am
post #5 of 13

Thanks both of you. I'm hooked onto sugarshack icon_smile.gif

vgereis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgereis Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 9:04am
post #6 of 13

Hi there! There are a good few out there, but yeah sugarshack, almond art, and another favorite of mine is surbitonsugarart! They've always been good with fast delivery etc! I am based in Paris and I wanted to place a big order from sugarshack as they had great prices.... But then were going to charge me almost same amount of my order to deliver!!!! Surbitonsugarart had very slightly higher price but delivery far more reasonable! Of course it differs when you are in uk, but even when have big orders including cake boards etc it might make a difference? Also, depending on where you live, you may find a good store nearby! So you end up saving on that cost and can browse the store to your hearts delight! If you're anything like me though.... That might end up being more costly! Hahahha! I always get so tempted!

Good luck and if I think of any others I will let you know!

Best,

Vicky

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 10:04am
post #7 of 13

Hi, I also use Almondart, A peice of cake and Design a cake all the time. icon_smile.gif

Lemmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemmers Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 10:47am
post #8 of 13

I tend to use thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk as their postage is very reasonable and super speedy, plus they have lots of equipment and ingredients from the USA!

dancingqueen07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dancingqueen07 Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 12:34pm
post #9 of 13

I use and would recommend www.craftcompany.co.uk. As well as ordering on -line you can also visit their premises in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire (if that is close to you!) icon_biggrin.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 12:55pm
post #10 of 13

I also use almond art, Design a cake, and Ebay has to be my most favorite! you can get soo much stuff on the their its unreal, as well as at really good prices and deliverys, i just recently bought 150 meters of all different coloured ribbon for less than a tenner as my local cake supply store was charging me almost a pound a meter!!

angelogoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelogoo Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 1:19pm
post #11 of 13

cakestuff.com is another good one. I use them mainly for fondant, gumpaste etc.

Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 2:24pm
post #12 of 13

I order from www.cakecraftworld.co.uk all the time icon_smile.gif

OMeuBolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMeuBolo Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 3:50pm
post #13 of 13

Hi!
I´m from Portugal and i usually buy things from: http://www.cake-stuff.com ; http://shop.haveyourcakeandeatit.org and from EBAY.UK

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%