Cakes And Cake Boss-Tlc

Lounge By SnLSweetEscapes Updated 5 Nov 2011 , 11:50pm by kello

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 4

So I was watching Cake Boss last night, the Halloween special. I was watching them make the coffin cake and couldn't believe how they were handling the cakes! I use WASC cakes and I am lucky if they don't break when I am trying to stack them. I swear his cakes were like boards! They just flung them on top of each other with no problem! Even though they were sheet cakes! I wondered if it taste good or am I the only one that has this issue.

3 replies
cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 4

I think that most of the time he uses a pound cake, which is a little more sturdy than WASC. Still, I know what you mean. They aren't delicate with the cakes at all!

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 4

I've seen them tear sheet cakes on the show. They just keep stacking and cover it with icing and fondant. I wondered about that too. I handle my cakes like a careful surgeon, LOL. Because if I ruin one, I have to bake a new one, not like on Cake Boss where they just grab a new sheet cake. I wonder about that show too when I watch it. I missed the Halloween Special. Maybe I'll catch a rerun.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 4

I believe most of his cakes are frozen. Makes it much easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%