Fall Flavors - Not Pumpkin

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 4:03am by sweetmonkeycheese

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 32

So besides pumpkin what other cake, filling and frosting flavors make you think of the fall?

31 replies
gatorcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorcake Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 32

apple

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 32

Carrot Cakes with cinnamon spiced cream cheese frosting! Yummy!

destineysway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destineysway Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 32

cranberry

deuceofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deuceofcakes Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 32

Chai

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 32

Pumpkin is my favorite fall flavor... With Apple Cider Caramel filling... OMG

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 32

Besides pumpkin-apple, pear, carrot, spice anything, and butter pecan.

Slightly off topic...what's with your hostile siggy? LOL

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:02am
post #8 of 32

Gingerbread, Banana, Honey, Apple Cider, Pecan........

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:07am
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Besides pumpkin-apple, pear, carrot, spice anything, and butter pecan.

Slightly off topic...what's with your hostile siggy? LOL

Ha ha I forgot all about that... lol they dumped a pic of mine, I had made neapolitan cup cakes, but I froze that batter and scoped it into the cupcakes so the colors were not just the standard bottom to top, but side to side or at time (the later ones as the batter melted one on bottom and two side by side on top..lol) they just up and deleted my pic b/c it was an undecorated cupcake.. but umm if I took pic after I added the frosting you could not see how the colors came out.. it seems they are always doing stuff like that.. or if someone has a dup pic and your save it and later they deleted ppl lose that saved pic, moving posts ect... the search features are crappy (especially in recipes) its been a while since I have really spend alot of time on here, but in the past they would have all kinds of bugs that never seem to get fixed.. I know for months I could not add a icon next to my name.. maybe they fixed that now.. ect

there is so much they could bother with to make this site so much better, but all they seem to manage is policing a dup pics (wh/ I agree is an important job ) ohh they took down my wedding cake b/c I did not make it, but in the description I said I did not make it, that it was MY personal wedding cake...(just b/c I did not make it does not mean other ppl might find it nice and might also like the design, I piced from a bridal mag and asked the lady to dup it nothing brillent, but she did a good job and I loved it. stupid stuff, how about letting us organize pics and recipes into personal folders (like liked / did not like / still need to try - for pics themes or techniques ) right now if I want to make a note to myself about a recipe I can only do it via comments, well I dont want to hurt someone feelings just b/c it was not my fav one - I have multi recipes of same thing to find the one I like best I need to note wh/ ones I liked ect)

ohh man I guess that is way more info than you asked for. I was just so happy to find this site at 1st and then once the newness wore off I realized how poorly done it is. I do love so much about this place and that is why I get disappointed in that it cant do more (well I am sure it could but they wont upgrade ect)

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:09am
post #10 of 32

butter pecan .. now that is not one I would have thought of, but it's a flavor I love!!! ummmmm

AnnieCahill Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:10am
post #11 of 32

I heard (read) that around the first of the year the site is supposed change, with new and improved features.

Sorry you had a bad experience!

AnnieCahill Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:12am
post #12 of 32

Dude! Apple cider (drool drips on keyboard). LOL

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:21am
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

I heard (read) that around the first of the year the site is supposed change, with new and improved features.

Sorry you had a bad experience!

That is cool, I have not been around like I use to, just pop in for a quick question/idea, use to try and interact w/ the ppl, (although as my Old siggy said - I am a cake eater not a cake maker - I could only offer so much)

just checked, still cant post an aviator, I joined a year ago. I'll be on the look out for the new changes.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:25am
post #14 of 32

mplaidgirl2, can you share that recipe for the filling you love?tia

mplaidgirl2 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 12:40am
post #15 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

Don't be scared! It literally takes 5 minutes and you'll want to put it on everything.

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup apple cider
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
In a medium-size saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch. Add the cider and stir well to dissolve the other ingredients. Cook the mixture over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until large bubbles form around the perimeter of the pan, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to continue to simmer until it thickens, about 2 minutes more.
Remove the sauce from the heat and whisk in the cream and the butter. Let the sauce cool slightly, then taste it and add a pinch of salt,

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 1:14am
post #16 of 32

mplaidgirl2, thank you so much, can,t wait to make this. I love anything spicey, caramely, applely ,etc in the fall. lol!!!

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 1:29am
post #17 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaidgirl2

Quote:

Don't be scared! It literally takes 5 minutes and you'll want to put it on everything.

1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
In a medium-size saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar and cornstarch. Add the cider and stir well to dissolve the other ingredients. Cook the mixture over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until large bubbles form around the perimeter of the pan, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to continue to simmer until it thickens, about 2 minutes more.
Remove the sauce from the heat and whisk in the cream and the butter. Let the sauce cool slightly, then taste it and add a pinch of salt,

You need to post this in recipes so we can all save it!!! it sounds really yummy and does look easy to make. thanks.

mplaidgirl2 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 6:10pm
post #18 of 32

I only make it in the fall because I go to my local orchard and buy FRESH apple cider. It makes a huge difference.

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 6:30pm
post #19 of 32

Eggnog...cake or filling...with or without rum. Yum!

TattooMom25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TattooMom25 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 7:14pm
post #20 of 32

Spice cake with carmalized pears and creamcheese fronting
Gingerbread with creme brulee filling and rum flavored bc
vanilla cake with vanilla white chocolate mint frosting

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 7:26pm
post #21 of 32

Spice cake with molasses buttercream. Tastes like gingerbread.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 7:41pm
post #22 of 32

Caramel Apple, Cinnamon Apple Pie, Cranberry, and instead of pumpkin, Sweet Potato Pie!
Caramel Pecan, and spiced pecan

gatorcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorcake Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 8:04pm
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaidgirl2

Quote:

1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste

Sounds tasty thumbs_up.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 4:31pm
post #24 of 32

Yes, mplaidgirl, you WILL want to put it on everything....
or eat it with a spoon!

I made some last night after I read this recipe. I put it in some pumpkin spice cupcakes topped with cream cheese icing. I took them to the school where I used to work for the teachers there.

Hope they like them as much as I do.

mplaidgirl2 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 5:26pm
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Yes, mplaidgirl, you WILL want to put it on everything....
or eat it with a spoon!

I made some last night after I read this recipe. I put it in some pumpkin spice cupcakes topped with cream cheese icing. I took them to the school where I used to work for the teachers there.

Hope they like them as much as I do.

I use an apple corer and make a hole in the top of my pumpkin cupcakes...
and fill it with the caramel apple cider sauce... I make 1/2 with cream Cheese icing and leave the other 1/2 just drizzled. Oh and try it on vanilla icecream!

Periperi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Periperi Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 5:57pm
post #26 of 32

I love vanilla buttermilk spice cake w/ maple buttercream.

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 6:03pm
post #27 of 32

I found an Apple-Nut Spice Cake recipe on Wilton that is amazing!

vgereis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgereis Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 8:47pm
post #28 of 32

Gosh... all these ideas sound so delicious!! Where do you get all these recipes from?? Can I ask, Periperi... would you mind sharing your recipe for the vanilla buttermilk spice cake with maple buttercream?? If not, I do understand... but just sounds so delicious and different to any of the "usual" cakes I've tried!

Thanks for this thread!

Vicky

Periperi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Periperi Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 8:59pm
post #29 of 32

Vicky,

Take your favorite white cake recipe and add buttermilk for all the liquid in the recipe. I then add about 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice. (less or more according to your personal taste)

For the maple buttercream I make a traditional vanilla buttercream and add about 1 tablespoons of mapeline flavoring. (again more or less to your personal taste)

The result is a delicious combination. =)

vgereis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgereis Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 9:15pm
post #30 of 32

Thanks so much periperi!! When you say all the liquid... does that include any eggs too? Or just oil or milk/water etc? Hmmm... now to figure out if I can find mapeline flavoring in Paris or the UK... hmmm... lol! Am literally drooling.... not good! lol!

Thanks so much again!

Vicky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%