Urgent!! Pls Help!

Decorating By sweet56pooh Updated 5 Nov 2011 , 7:28pm by cakegirl1973

sweet56pooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet56pooh Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 6

hi! I'm making my first topsy turvy cake and I am planing on covering it with ganache and fondant. Its going to be three tiers. I did the ganache last night to let it sit over night. When I woke up with morning there was a big crack in the ganache in the middle tier! icon_eek.gif is that something to worry about or should I just patch it up and continue. I don't really have the time and ingredients to do that tier over again, but I want to make sure it arrives in one piece. Please help! I'm freaking out right now. Thank you!

5 replies
sweet56pooh Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 6

OMG! Now I noticed cracks in all the tiers!!! Help! Does this mean my tiers are falling apart? I used WASC variations. Bottom is chocolate 11", middle is vanilla 9", top is strawberry 7". I used crusting BC as filling. Anyone?? Any suggestions??? Please??

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 6

Is it just the ganache that cracked or did the cake crack/break, too? If it is just the ganache, then I think you are fine. If it is the cake that has cracked/broken, then you may be in trouble.

If it is just the ganache, you are going to want to repair these cracks, so they don't show through your fondant. I would use more ganache to repair and smooth over the seams. HTH!

de_montsoreau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de_montsoreau Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 6

If it is just little cracks, it is because your cake and filling have settled. Nothing to worry about, you can fondant them as normal.

If of course the cake itself is cracking then I agree with cakegirl - no saving there.
I am sure it'll be fine.

sweet56pooh Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The cakes looks fine. Hopefully it all comes together in th end.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 5 Nov 2011 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 6

Is it just the ganache that cracked or did the cake crack/break, too? If it is just the ganache, then I think you are fine. If it is the cake that has cracked/broken, then you may be in trouble.

If it is just the ganache, you are going to want to repair these cracks, so they don't show through your fondant. I would use more ganache to repair and smooth over the seams. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%