How To Achieve This Color Fondant?

Decorating By Kaybaby Updated 4 Nov 2011 , 8:24pm by Kaybaby

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:14am
post #1 of 16

I am trying to achieve this color. The color on the flower says fuchsia, but none of the colors I have tried comes remotely close. I have tried Ateco Fuschia, Americolor Fuschia, Chefmaster Fuschia, Wilton Rose, Wilton Deep Pink, adding purple. I am using SI white fondant.

I would love to know how to get this color. Maybe I should be starting with pre colored pink fondant?

The RI in the bowl you see is Americolor Fuchsia. It looks like the flower color in the picture, but it's much lighter in person.

Thank you all so much. My pink palms also thank you.

Vonda

15 replies
carmijok Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:27am
post #2 of 16

I would let it sit overnight if possible...those colors darken with time. You probably have the right color now.

carmijok Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:28am
post #3 of 16

Oh...you might also add a touch of red to it and see if that helps.

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:34am
post #4 of 16

Thank you for the reply so late at night. What you see in the bowl is the RI, the fondant is in a cabinet. This is my second try. The first resulted in a color that looked like a very purply mauve. Maybe tomorrow will be a better color day.

Vonda

carmijok Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 6:18am
post #5 of 16

I would avoid adding purple to it. If you stick with your deep pink gels with a touch of red, I think you'll achieve the color you're wanting. Purple can muddy up pink pretty quick I've found. I've used a very small touch of blue before to pinks and that seems to work better than the purple if you're wanting to tone it down. SMALL amounts! Like the end of a toothpick size.

LisaPeps Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 6:57am
post #6 of 16

Can you get hold of any americolor electric pink?

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 16

Thank you both. I will try adding the red and a dab of blue, together and separately. Not sure if I can find the electric pink, I will look.

Vonda

jgifford Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 2:27pm
post #8 of 16

Wilton has a "Rose" color that is a dark pink - - you might try that with a dot of blue.

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 2:45pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

Wilton has a "Rose" color that is a dark pink - - you might try that with a dot of blue.

I did try the Wilton Rose color but couldn't get past a pepto bismol pink color.

Vonda

jgifford Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 16

You're right - - the only time I've ever done a cake that pink, I started with Duff's pink fondant and went from there. icon_smile.gif

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:36pm
post #11 of 16

I have Duffs pink now. What colors should I add?

Thank you again for your help.

Vonda

jgifford Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:41pm
post #12 of 16

I'd add a little red and just a touch of blue. Keep us posted. icon_smile.gif

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:50pm
post #13 of 16

Thank you, I will give red and blue a try.

Vonda

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 7:33pm
post #14 of 16

Using the pink fondant, I mixed in red, and blue etc. At this point I can't remember what other colors went in. The color is not perfect, but it is close. I will let it set before I use it.

Thank you everyone so much. Who knew that pink(s) is such a hard color?

Vonda

jgifford Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 7:41pm
post #15 of 16

Glad to hear it - - why don't you rest a little, too? icon_smile.gif

Kaybaby Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 8:24pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

Glad to hear it - - why don't you rest a little, too? icon_smile.gif

It was a bit stressful icon_smile.gif

Vonda

Quote by @%username% on %date%