Urgent Help Needed...bc Not White.....help!!!

Baking By coffeelover Updated 3 Nov 2011 , 11:55pm by coffeelover

coffeelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeelover Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 5

I made 1 batch and it was really yellow so I made another and didn't use vanilla extract but it is still too yellow. The only thing I can think of is it's the brand of butter I used (Target) but I don't know. Is there any saving the buttercream I've already made and how do I get white buttercream? This cake is needed on Sat. so I don't have too much time to figure this out. Thanks!

4 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 5

You need to either use crisco (or any other white vegetable fat) in place of the butter or use a paler butter.

To save the buttercream you have already made, add a little bit of violet food colouring. A little at a time until you get the right shade. The violet cancels out the yellow.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 5

The violet trick always works for me. Just add it a dot at a time.

Rae

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 5

You can also use a product called icing white, you can find it in the cake isle of your craft store

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?sku=603-1236

coffeelover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeelover Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 5

Violet huh? That is interesting, I have to try it. Me thinks I'll send the hubby to Michaels to pick up the violet and the icing white. They sound like 2 good things to have on hand. Oh, he's gonna love me....I sent him there yesterday too (it's close to his work). LOL! Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%