Chocolate Transfer On Stick (Minnie Mouse)

Sugar Work By SweetDelites Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 2:04pm by SweetDelites

SweetDelites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelites Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone done a chocolate transfer and put it on a stick? I'm thinking I can add the stick when I apply the last chocolate coat to the back. If anyone know how to or has suggestions please share.

7 replies
SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 2:41am
post #2 of 8

I did that with some Phineas and Ferb characters and it worked fine. See my gallery for a pic! Also did the same on the skull cake topper on the mOnster High cake.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 2:54am
post #3 of 8

I've done it several times. I cover the stick with another coating of chocolate to add stability. Just be sure that extra coating is a light color or it will show through.

sweet56pooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet56pooh Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 2:58am
post #4 of 8

I did that for my sesame street characters. I have a photo of it in my gallery. You have the right idea. After making your characters and letting them set, lay the stick on the back and cover with chocolate. It's not gonna look too pretty, so hopefully the back will not be exposed. Good luck!

SweetDelites Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks you guys. One more question, does the chocolate have to be really thin? Thanks for the help thumbs_up.gif

SweetDelites Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks you guys. One more question, does the chocolate have to be really thin? Thanks for the help thumbs_up.gif

sweet56pooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet56pooh Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 8

You don't want it super thin where it will spread every where. You want it to be able flow through the tip but thick enough to stay put. Does that make sense? Always test on a piece of wax paper. If it's too runny let it cool down. If it's too thick, zap it in the microwave for a few sec. HTH!

SweetDelites Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the help, my minnie mouse transfer came out very good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%