Wedding Cake Delivery Boxes

Decorating By ymmat77 Updated 4 Nov 2011 , 1:00am by FromScratchSF

ymmat77 Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 7

I am wondering if anyone has found tall wedding cake boxes online? Best price? I have skated by w/o buying them yet, but I am now traveling with my cakes and want to have them in a box in the car.

6 replies
dulcearoma Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 7

I buy boxes at wal-mart for my tiered cakes. I usually need a 16x16 or 14x14 and they are less then $1.20 so it works out perfect. The boxes are regular plain brown movers boxes. I would love it if I could find white cake boxes that size but I haven't had any luck finding the were I have to buy them in increments of 50 or more. Not a good deal for a home baker.

platinumlady Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 7

You can get them at GSA that's where I started getting them from at 1st until I found a place locally that sold them. However, like mentioned above if you go to office depot, walmart or sam's club you can get more for less. online the range is from 17.99 to 28.99 plus shipping. Here they are less expensive. If you go to sam's you can get a bundle for around $24....so I guess it just depends on what you want to pay for them.

sberryp Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 12:42am
post #5 of 7

I remember this website from another thred.....http://bakeabox.com/
It's great and the boxes are only like $8 a box and there is a viewing screen on the box.

MCurry Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 12:45am
post #6 of 7

I buy mine from the office supply store Staples. The are brown cardboard boxes. If I recall they were about $2-$3 each.

FromScratchSF Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 1:00am
post #7 of 7

They sell all-white moving boxes from the Container Store if you really need white. I buy 16x16 regular moving boxes that I can buy at a self-storage place or U-Haul. It's all you need. I'd never spend 20 bucks on a box to transport a cake. That's crazy, the wait staff could care less what the box looks like when you deliver the cake!

I cut a square of rug grip and put that in there and my cakes do not move, not even over San Francisco hills, potholes the size of children and weaving thru traffic. I even had to stop short a few times and was positive I killed the cake but no, that thing did not move.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%