Cute Names For Cupcakes?

Baking By Bridgette1129 Updated 7 Nov 2011 , 6:22pm by cake n bake

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 5

You know when cupcake stores name their cupcakes? Like a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting would be "Chocolate Lover's" or whatever.

There's a place in WA that is called New York Cupcakes and they have names that have to do with NY like "Carrie'd Away" for cosmo cupcake, and "5th Ave" for their choc/choc.

Do you like this? Or would you rather them be called chocolate, vanilla, red velvet...

4 replies
AliBakes6167 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AliBakes6167 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 6:55am
post #2 of 5

Hi! I think sometimes it's fun, but sometimes can get annoying - especially if the name has nothing to do with what the cupcake actually is icon_smile.gif

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 7:09am
post #3 of 5

I think it's better if the name contains something about the flavour--but it can be dressed up a little. Like at Cupcake Royale (my FAVORITE!), where they have Coconut Bunny and Peppermint Party. The only one that doesn't make sense there is the Kate, which has no indication of what the flavour is. Anyway, I think that allows it to be cute and fun but you still know what you're getting. *Sigh* I haven't lived in Seattle for over two years and I still remember the names of the cupcakes...you can guess how often I went there!

cake n bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake n bake Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 5

i vote yes i use names for mine like:
Sassy strawbery, Lemon Pucker, The Monkey, or the Ruby red i think its cute

cake n bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake n bake Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 5

i vote yes i use names for mine like:
Sassy strawbery, Lemon Pucker, The Monkey, or the Ruby red i think its cute

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%