Cake Ball Question

Baking By lifonahil Updated 3 Nov 2011 , 4:53pm by KatsSuiteCakes

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 3:02am
post #1 of 6

I have made cake balls alot but never the cake pops. I was wondering if anyone has problems with dipping the cake pops or balls and the choc cracking. I usually just melt my choc and dip. I was wondering if anyone thins down choc or if there is a trick to it. Thanks so much for all your help

5 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 3:34am
post #2 of 6

The chocolate will crack on your cake pop if you freeze or over chill before dipping. I like to put mine in the fridge after dipping the stick and inserting into the pop just to get it nice and solid. I use about 1 1/2 Tbs. of the cake/icing mixture for my cake pops. If they're too big, you might have issues with the pop sliding off the stick when dipping.

I generally add at least 2-3 Tbs of shortening to my melted chocolate.

HTH and Good Luck!
Kat

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 3:41am
post #3 of 6

I always freeze cake pops and cake balls before I dip in the chocolate. and mine have NEVER cracked!

CakesByRashmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByRashmi Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 5:19am
post #4 of 6

I always use Chocolate ganache for smooth finish and Taste, mine never crack

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 5:19am
post #5 of 6

Mine crack too if the balls or pops are too cold. I let them sit out from the fridge 15 minutes before dipping and I also make sure the chocolate isn't too warm. I also thin my chocolate down with Paramount Crystals. I think this makes them smoother.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 6

I haven't tried the paramount crystals, but I hear a lot of positive about them.
Thanks for bringing that up doramoreno62.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%