snazzycakes1 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 7:09pm
post #1 of

okay so i tried isomelts for the first time today. i bought the little "pellit like" bag of isomelts. melted them and put them into the little gem like molds. i had a hard time getting them out of the molds without getting cracks in them or leaving some of the isomelt stuck in the mold. does anyone have any input or things they have learned about isomelts. advice would be greatly apprciated.

4 replies
cakeyouverymuch Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 7:27pm
post #2 of

Did you spray the mold with oil before pouring your isomalt?

snazzycakes1 Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 11:42pm
post #3 of

no i didnt.! thanks for the simple and common sense advice! lol i didnt even think of it! lol thanks

cakeyouverymuch Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 11:44pm
post #4 of

Just a little should go a long way. From my understanding, you should spray your mold then wipe off the excess. HTH

Barb1959 Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 5:37pm
post #5 of

I found a great site that gives information on Isomalt. My daughter is a pastry chef student at Johnson and Wales and is doing sugar art right now. If you go to makeyourownmolds.com and type in isomalt in the search bar it will not only give you information to purchase it but also a lot of information about isomalt. I found it very informative. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%