Change Recipe To Square Tin Instead Of Round

Baking By PollyKosi Updated 2 Nov 2011 , 11:15am by allaboutcakeuk

PollyKosi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyKosi Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 10:03am
post #1 of 4

I'm just starting out and would love to know ho to change a recipe to use a square tin instead of a round one. I have square tins because I thought that they were easier to serve but I think I am going to have to start collecting round ones as they seem more popular. I want to make a mudcake using Pams Choc Mudcake recipe but that also states round tin. What would be the equivelent to a 20cm round tin? Please help I'm flying blind and don't want to muck this cake up.

3 replies
allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 10:55am
post #2 of 4

hi there, as a general rule of thumb the round size is normally one size up from the equivalent in a square. For example a 9" square would need a 10" round recipe. So an 8" round (20 cm) to be baked as an 8" square you would bake for a 9" round instead. One size up for the square equivalent. Does that make sense?

my recipes go like this for what they will produce:
6" round - 5" square
7" round - 6" square
8" round - 7" square
icon_smile.gif HTH

PollyKosi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyKosi Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 11:00am
post #3 of 4

Thank you that does make sense. You have been a big help. I have found lots of very interesting tips on this site. Thanks again.

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 2 Nov 2011 , 11:15am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyKosi

Thank you that does make sense. You have been a big help. I have found lots of very interesting tips on this site. Thanks again.

You are more than welcome icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%