Need Supplier For Bulk Cakepop Cello Bags

Baking By kaciealexa Updated 7 Nov 2011 , 1:07am by tarabara

kaciealexa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaciealexa Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 15

i am looking for a supplier to buy clear bags for my cakepops. can anybody help? thank you!!

14 replies
Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 5:25am
post #2 of 15

I get packs of 100 off ebay for a dollar

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 6:52am
post #3 of 15

Lovelyladylibra--may I ask if you could provide a link to the exact bags you purchased OR give the size, description, and store on eBay? I just went on eBay looking for a while and there are a LOT of different cello bags. Some with resealable tops, some with fold tops, some with gussets....goodness.

I looked at your pops (liked the red marble the best!) and those bags should work for my purposes. I will be making about 150 chocolate spoons for Christmas gifts, and it looks like those bags would work very well. Do you think a "spoon" would fit ok and leave room at the bottom for ribbon?

Thanks

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 6:58am
post #4 of 15

I too would love a link, for the bags please, I buy 50 for $2.50 at walmart, yours is a much better deal.

Thanks.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 7:34am
post #5 of 15

Etopauction is the sellers name. The bag sizes were 4X3 I believe. But he has a few sizes icon_smile.gif it'll take a while to get here cause it ships from over seas but they get there

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 7:53am
post #6 of 15

Thanks, Lovelyladylibra! That's going to come in handy!

Apti Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyladylibra

Etopauction is the sellers name. The bag sizes were 4X3 I believe. But he has a few sizes icon_smile.gif it'll take a while to get here cause it ships from over seas but they get there

Thank you so much.

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 15

Thank you!! I just bought 23 plunger cutters for fondant for $19.99 and now saw that this seller has 20 pcs for $11.48 icon_sad.gif

Will buy more from this seller later on maybe.

lynn780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynn780 Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 2:42pm
post #9 of 15

Apti--how do you do your chocolate spoons? Do you have any pics posted? These sound like they would be a great Christmas gift along with my oreo cookies & pretzels. Thanks.

Apti Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 3:43pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj22

Thank you!! I just bought 23 plunger cutters for fondant for $19.99 and now saw that this seller has 20 pcs for $11.48 icon_sad.gif

ouch...me too..... Ah well, it was still a great deal for $20

lynn780~~I haven't made any spoons yet. I just ordered a whole bunch of stuff from http://www.chocomolds.com/CMMOCHA.html

These molds are different than just using plastic spoons and filling the spoon with chocolate. I purchased one of each of the molds on the page above AND 5 packs of the gold Mocha Stirrer Sticks. The flat stirrer sticks will allow 2 things a spoon can't: molded design, more chocolate. Also, they won't melt or deform like some cheap plastic spoons. (I REALLY wanted the gift boxes, but they are on backorder. These boxes are a reasonable price for the custom made boxes for a hobby baker.)

If I do not include the cost of the molds & mold shipping or my labor time
For 150 spoons:
packaging (cello bag, metallic twist tie): 10-15 cents each
gold stirrer stick: 15-20 cents each
Cost of chocolate/candy melts: (variable) probably 15-30 cents

Total per spoon: 40-65 cents per spoon

(If I get the custom gift boxes, the box+shipping= $2.30 (approx.)
plus 6 spoons at 50 cents per spoon = average of $5.30 per boxed gift)

That's pretty dang inexpensive for custom gifts for a LOT of people! I make gifts for tons of teachers/class parents/convalescent home staff/neighbors/friends/family, etc. Even at 50 cents per person average, it's still gonna be $75 for 150 people. If I did weddings, these would make fabulous favors for the guests.

I kinda went nuts on the ChocoMolds.com site. I'm going to make chocolate houses this year instead of gingerbread houses. I can't wait!!!
Check out their small house molds and accessory molds for the small houses. (I feel just like a little kid waiting for Santa to come!)

Sweet_Stuff_Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Stuff_Cakery Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 4:18pm
post #11 of 15

uline.com check them out they have every size bag possible. A 2x3 in bag costs $6 for 1000 bags. Delivery is very very fast.

tarabara Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 4:48pm
post #12 of 15

Wow, it just keeps getting better and better! Thanks, guys! I like the fact that uline.com specifies that they're FDA/USDA approved.

tarabara Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 5:30pm
post #13 of 15

Apti, can the chocolate spoons be used for hot chocolate too or just for mocha? It seems like there wouldn't be enough chocolate for hot chocolate but I wanted to know since I wouldn't want to give them to people who don't drink coffee if they couldn't use them. Thanks!

Apti Posted 6 Nov 2011 , 11:24pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarabara

Apti, can the chocolate spoons be used for hot chocolate too or just for mocha? It seems like there wouldn't be enough chocolate for hot chocolate but I wanted to know since I wouldn't want to give them to people who don't drink coffee if they couldn't use them. Thanks!

Forget about dipping! I gonna eat mine! They are a small molded chocolate on a stick, just like a lollipop. (Nobody in my family drinks coffee and if they did they wouldn't waste a perfectly good chocolate lolly in it!)

tarabara Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 1:07am
post #15 of 15

Ha ha! Good point!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%