Not Sure How I Feel About This

Decorating By apires1079 Updated 1 Nov 2011 , 9:53pm by auzzi

apires1079 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever made a cake (the way the person asked for it) and then the person "made some changes" to it afterwards? If so how did you feel about it and what did you do? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I put all my hard work into it and for someone to just go and change it really annoys me! And I'm not sure if I should say something about it. Also, this person is my husband's cousin so I feel like if I say something there will be some kind of friction and I don't really want that. Please help!

4 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 5

I have never had that happen, but then again I never really know what happens to the cake when it gets to its destination (besides being eaten, haha).

What was the situation?

jgifford Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 5

I've had that happen as I'm sure a lot of people have. In my case, the customer had changed her mind about some of the decorations we had discussed, but didn't think I'd appreciate a change at the last minute. Once the cake was set up and I left, she went in and made the changes.

I feel that once I make the delivery, I've fulfilled my part of the transaction and if they want to change it up after that, it's their business. If they accidentally cause any damage they can't fix, it's on them.

Mexx Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 5

I've never had it happen to me that I know of. While I can understand how you feel, it is really no different than buying something yourself e.g. a dress and then altering it in some manner. If your cousin purchased the cake it is hers to do with as she wishes. However, if you made it as a gift, I'd probably ask her what about your design she didn't like and use it as an opportunity to learn something.

auzzi Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 5

Once given/sold, it belongs to them - to do with what they will...

Just take a set of photos of how you made it: put them in your album, and let it go. If someone raises any point about the decoration, pull out your album ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%