Tilted Cake Stand

Decorating By SPODN Updated 12 Nov 2011 , 3:31am by SPODN

SPODN Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 6

Hi out there. I was admiring a birthday cake posted by eor112, in her notes she indicated that she make the stand to hold the tipsy layers. I messaged her to ask if she would share the directions for the stand and she indicated that she thinks she got the direction on here, cake central. I've tried searching but without much luck. Does anyone know of directions for making this. I went on line and found what is called a caddy wampus cake stand but its a llittle out of my budget since I only bake for friends and family but this looks like something my grandkids would love. icon_sad.gif

5 replies
RetiredNavyChief Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 6

i remember seeing it on here. Try searching for caddy wampus in the forum.

sexysnowtiger Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 6

Hi I found it in the Sketches & Patterns & Templates. It is called the Topsy Turvy Cake Stand by Stacyd. At least I think that is the one you are looking for. I hope this helps and good luck

SPODN Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 6

thanks a bunch sexysnowtiger, found it. now to talk my hubby into making it for me. I think I will ask him to try to find a way to make it adjustable so all the cakes could be different. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

sexysnowtiger Posted 3 Nov 2011 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 6

I think that would be a great idea. I havn't asked my hubby yet he has been working so much and putting up with his dad too. So I guess mine will have to wait "sigh" Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you and I would love to see some picks of it when he makes yours. Thanks.

SPODN Posted 12 Nov 2011 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6

Hi sexysnowtiger I also found the cake stand that this was fashioned after, if I get one made I'll post the instructions. I asked for it as a Christmas present. I recently made a cake for grandaughters 16th bday and use wedges to get a similar effect but I just love this cake stand. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%