Rkt

Decorating By Mandyjb74 Updated 1 Nov 2011 , 11:38pm by Marianna46

Mandyjb74 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 8:52am
post #1 of 4

I've never used RKT's before can anyone tell me how far in advance can i make the figures i need to have to cake ready for saturday and didn't want to leave it to the last minute??????

3 replies
Marianna46 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 4

RKTs are great, because they last forever. This means you can make your figures days, or even weeks, before you need them for your cake and not have to worry about them at the last minute. I hope your cake comes out great and you come out of this stress-free!

Mandyjb74 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 4

thats great to know thanks, can i cover them with fondant in advance too? and should i be putting something between the RKT and fondant?
sorry to ask so many question but i haven't got a clue i don't even know if i can put the figure straight on the cake or if i have to have a board and dowels below it????

any help appreciated

Marianna46 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 4

Listen, we all had to start somewhere, and we all start anew every time we tackle a new technique! You can put the fondant on ahead of time, too. This is often a good thing, because you want it to set before you put it on the cake (just keep it away from dust and the light, like in a covered, but not airtight, cardboard box). I often ice my RKTs with either royal icing or ganache so the surface will be smoother, but if I'm in a hurry, I just use thicker fondant and skip that step. Unless the piece is really heavy or large, I just put it directly on the top of the cake. If it's something you want to put on the side, I'd stick a couple of skewers into it perpendicular to your surface and run these into the cake, besides gluing it to the side of the cake with melted chocolate. I think that once you've done one or two of these, you'll never look back - fast, fun, easy: what more could you want? Best of luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%