Edible Markers On Fondant/gumpaste?

Decorating By ngandara Updated 1 Nov 2011 , 3:11am by MCurry

ngandara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngandara Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 2:53am
post #1 of 3

I am making a baby shower cake and the request is that they want the cake to be "Eddie Bauer Enchanted Crib Set" I think it would be a lot easier to draw on the fondant/gumpaste than to make every animal and place it on the "blanket"... I have edible markers but they are HORRIBLE and the pack only has 5 colors. Anyone use these markers and is it better to use on gumpaste, fondant or a mix of both??? Thanks in anvance! : )

2 replies
DodgerGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DodgerGirl Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 3:08am
post #2 of 3

Try using AmeriColor's "Gourmet Writer" pen set. It has 10 food decorating pens and works pretty well. It's rather new and expensive, but definitely worth it, in my opinion. I have also used dusts with vodka, and that works out well too. Good luck!

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 3:11am
post #3 of 3

I use AmeriColor's Gourmet Writer. There are 10 colors in the pack. I have used them on both gumpaste and fondant or a combo. If the fondant or gumpaste is dry it is very similar to writing with a regular pen or market. If you try to write when either the fondant or gumpaste is soft, you will more than likely not get a consistent flow of ink (thick in some places and thiner in others).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%