Sizes Of This Cake??

Decorating By Sonya Updated 29 Oct 2011 , 11:45pm by CWR41

Sonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sonya Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all. I have a friend of a family member getting married next June and she wants me to do this beautiful cake for her. She found the cake online by googling and I was going to message the bakery that made it but I cant find a website for them. Anyways, what sizes do these cakes look to you? Maybe a 6 inch round 10, 12, 16 square maybe??? I cant tell, lol!

Thanks for the help!

5 replies
Sonya Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 6

Can anyone see the pic? I cant icon_sad.gif LOL!

Here is the link to the cake pic since I cant get the pic attached here for some reason. It is the 4 tiered squared cake with a round top tier with pink and purple flowers.

http://www.perfect-wedding-day.com/hawaiian-theme-cake.html

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah, looks like a 6 round, 10, 12, 16 square. Beautiful cake. I can see why she likes it!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya

It is the 4 tiered squared cake with a round top tier with pink and purple flowers.

I'm not so sure that the top tier is round... it could also be square.

It looks like it's an 8x10x12x14, but regardless, you'll have to change it up to accommodate the serving goal needed for your client.

Sonya Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 6

Ah thanks so much for the help! I wasnt exactly sure if the top tier was round either but the bride said she wanted it round. She said she wanted to feed approx 150 so I think I am going to suggest a 6 inch round 8,10,12 square according to wiltons chart that should feed 166 including the top tier and 154 not including the top tier. Thanks again for the help!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 6

Sounds perfect thumbs_up.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%