Friday Night Cake Club 10-28-11

Decorating By catlharper Updated 29 Oct 2011 , 6:03pm by ajwonka

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 2:58am
post #1 of 25

Hi everyone! Calling the FNCC to order! Who's up and whatcha working on?

Cat

24 replies
catlharper Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:00am
post #2 of 25

Today I was working on a mini birthday cake for a client who has also ordered her wedding cake from me which is for later this month. I also have 3 doz Halloween cupcakes but those are for Sunday so other than having the supplies ready I have not begun to work on those yet<G>. Next week all I have is our Anniversary cake and I have BIG plans for that one<G>. How's it goin for all of you?

Cat

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:05am
post #3 of 25

I had an event with he Desert Truck tonight. I've got another one tomorrow afternoon, so I baking cupcakes right now.

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:12am
post #4 of 25

I have a birthday cake for Sunday and birthday cupcakes for next Wednesday!

Just took apple spice cupcakes with butter-pecan frosting into work today!

See them here: http://bakingbridgette.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/apple-spice-cupcakes-with-butter-pecan-frosting/

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:14am
post #5 of 25

Had a 16" square cake for a fall party and some cookies. Nothing for tomorrow. Going to Nashville tomorrow afternoon to see WICKED with my daughter!
I now have a licensed kitchen and have orders for next weekend and a wedding in December...plus a couple of standing orders that will keep me very busy! Love it!!

catlharper Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:28am
post #6 of 25

Bridgette, the cupcakes sound YUMMY! Linda, have fun at Wicked! My girls have seen it now a couple of times and I will get to see it next Spring! Can't wait!

Bridgette1129 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:34am
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

Bridgette, the cupcakes sound YUMMY! Linda, have fun at Wicked! My girls have seen it now a couple of times and I will get to see it next Spring! Can't wait!

Thank you! The frosting is amazing, but the cake could be a little better! I love trying new recipes.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:50am
post #8 of 25

What a day! Assembling Spiderman cake : 2 buildings (one's two tier) with gumpaste panels. S'more cake with ganache & marshmallow filling, Thin Mint cake with Thin Mint filling, WASC with raspberry filling. Spiderman suspended between buildings. Total "scene" is 19"x28"!

Plus 2 doz pom pom cupcakes & pink champagne bridal shower cake.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:14am
post #9 of 25

Wow ajwonka are you busy!! I only have a sheet cake I'm donating for a fundraiser for a 33 year old mother of 4 with stage 4 non hodgkins lymphoma...2nd cake I've done for this cancer in a month! I hope this isn't a trend...so sad. Also found out my sister in law 50 yrs old has stage 4 breast cancer, not looking good. She still has kids at home, bad week around here for cancer. So I do what I can, even if it is just a cake. icon_sad.gif Cake is crumb coated, so I just may go to bed and get up early to finish in the morning. Sorry to sound like a bummer...

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:16am
post #10 of 25

ajwonka, the Thin Mint Cake has me drooling. Yum!

I finished up a Halloween Cake for an auction at the pre-school yesterday. Tonight, making batches of yummy buttercream, fondant, gumpaste and rice krispy treats for 3 upcoming projects. I've got a Hat Box Cake, a 2 tier zebra stripe cake, and on top of that, 2 dozen cake pops, and maybe some mini orange cakes I'm shipping to Cali for a good friend all coming up for next week.

Did I mention I love buttercream?!

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:24am
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKConfections

Wow ajwonka are you busy!! I only have a sheet cake I'm donating for a fundraiser for a 33 year old mother of 4 with stage 4 non hodgkins lymphoma...2nd cake I've done for this cancer in a month! I hope this isn't a trend...so sad. Also found out my sister in law 50 yrs old has stage 4 breast cancer, not looking good. She still has kids at home, bad week around here for cancer. So I do what I can, even if it is just a cake. icon_sad.gif Cake is crumb coated, so I just may go to bed and get up early to finish in the morning. Sorry to sound like a bummer...

It's not just a cake..........it's edible Love!
It's a very sweet gesture, and you are doing a great kindness!
Best to you and your family!

Bridgette1129 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:25am
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKConfections

Oh no! I hope your SIL is okay icon_sad.gif I find it sweet of you to donate cakes. I know it's just cake but I'm sure it makes a huge difference!

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:31am
post #13 of 25

I'm working on my god daughter's 8th birthday cake. Two tier, 6" & 10". I got a late start, but both cakes are cooling now. The ganache is in the fridge. I just need to make the cream cheese icing and decorate the gumpaste skate plaque I made yesterday. Hopefully I can get both cakes crumb coated before I go the bed. The party isn't until 1:30 which gives me some time to finish up in the morning.

Also made a few cupcakes that I need to frost and decorate for a Halloween party tomorrow night. I normally use the WASC, but tonight I decided to try the cake recipe on the back of the Swan's Down Flour box again, but this time I tried the reverse cream method and added sour cream. I'll see what they think. They love the WASC so who knows what they will think of this.

catlharper Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:35am
post #14 of 25

Ya'll make me tired just reading! I go that much in the summer but am enjoying a little bit of a light season. But then this is a second income to our family and we live very modestly so if I only have one cake a week then we are just fine. Summertime is another subject. I make half of my money each year from May to September! But at this point in our lives I only need to bring in about $800 a month and I have another part time job that brings in about half of that so that gives me a lot of freedom from worry about free weeks like next week for us.

As for charity...yup, I do that as much as I can. I have a very soft heart so I say yes to everything. And you are right...it's edible love. I like getting paid as much as the next woman but having someone light up at the sight of the cake I have poured time and love into is the biggest pay off ever!

Cat

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:37am
post #15 of 25

I finished fall cookies last night. Nothing today. Spent the afternoon at the hospital with a friend. She went in for a heart cath and ended up with a stent. Man, 45 is too young. Can home and slept for 4 hours. Ahh, stress!

Happy caking,everyone!

Bridgette1129 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:43am
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

Ya'll make me tired just reading! I go that much in the summer but am enjoying a little bit of a light season. But then this is a second income to our family and we live very modestly so if I only have one cake a week then we are just fine. Summertime is another subject. I make half of my money each year from May to September! But at this point in our lives I only need to bring in about $800 a month and I have another part time job that brings in about half of that so that gives me a lot of freedom from worry about free weeks like next week for us.

I can't wait till I can sell my cakes and cupcakes. I am perfecting recipes and giving away treats when I can. icon_smile.gif

BurnsyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BurnsyJ Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:49am
post #17 of 25

I just finished a golf cake for a friend. I've never made a ball cake before and have made lots of hindsight discoveries.

It didn't help that I was watching the World Series during all of it. But we are so excited that the Cardinals won. icon_biggrin.gif

I've tried to load it here on CC, but I haven't been able to post any pictures to "my photos" for a while. It just spins and spins and spins.

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 4:53am
post #18 of 25

finishing up for a party tomorrow: cake pops, cupcakes, main party cake, smash cake.

Bridgette1129 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 5:05am
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilismaius

finishing up for a party tomorrow: cake pops, cupcakes, main party cake, smash cake.

Oooo, fun. What's the theme/colors?

catlharper Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 6:00am
post #20 of 25

11pm here on the West Coast, time to say goodnight! Safe deliveries everyone!

Cat

lovecakes52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecakes52 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 6:19am
post #21 of 25

Hi Everyone! I just finished up the accessories for 100 cupcakes My friends daughter is celebrating her birthdaythis weekend & is having a party on Sunday along with her cousins birthday .I am making cupcakes tomorrow for both their parties! The girl wants red velvet & the boy wants chocolate. They both play sports so I just finished Making vollleyballs out of candy (not half ones but full ones) to go on her cupcakes that took awhile,then the boy wanted footballs so I made (full footballs) to go on his cupcakes! Tomorrow I am going to start working on the cupcakes, then Sunday I have a Halloween cake to make for my son to take to his work Monday, plus I am making halloween cookies too!

Having Fun!!! Wouldn't change it for the world

Everyone have a nice weekend & happy baking

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 6:50am
post #22 of 25

Almost midnight for me. I have a ways to go yet. 100 of my signature lollipops for a quinceanera (15th birthday) for tomorrow, A wedding cake (Just needs the fondant on it, the bride and groom are putting their own decorations on it. A birthday cake and chocolate covered marshmellows for Sunday.

Not to mention I've had orderes all week.

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 10:09am
post #23 of 25

It's all stars, pink. It's the first time I made shaped cake pops.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 11:13am
post #24 of 25

Thanks Kat and Bridgette...went to bed early last night so I just saw your posts. You are right that cake is edible love, for sure. I will take on today with a new vigor!! Hope everyone had a good Friday night! icon_smile.gif

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 6:03pm
post #25 of 25

What a day! Assembling Spiderman cake : 2 buildings (one's two tier) with gumpaste panels. S'more cake with ganache & marshmallow filling, Thin Mint cake with Thin Mint filling, WASC with raspberry filling. Spiderman suspended between buildings. Total "scene" is 19"x28"!

Plus 2 doz pom pom cupcakes & pink champagne bridal shower cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%