Freaking Out!! Help!

Baking By hlaw97 Updated 29 Oct 2011 , 8:57am by hlaw97

hlaw97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hlaw97 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 12:25am
post #1 of 5

I have my 1st Interview at a Local Cake Store that is opening Monday and I'm FREAKING out!! I can't find my fondant recipe! I just have to have accents for the cake but I need chocolate and regular (they gave me a scenario I have to design for! ) I have my design I want to do but I cant find my recipes. I am wondering if it it easier to just buy the Wilton and color them Brown and the other colors i need? Plus I am a nervous wreck! I also attempting zebra for the 1st time! Any pointers??

4 replies
MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 12:56am
post #2 of 5

I would buy the fondant. If you get hired you will more than likely use their fondant recipe or they purchase it. The trail is likely about technique not the taste of the fondant. I'm surprised they are not providing the fondant if you are going to be doing all the work on site. Two trails I went on over the past year provided everything.

As far as the zebra, I can't help you with that one. Please specify if you need help making a zebra (animal) vs. zebra (print) so others can quickly help you. I assumed you meant animal.

Best of luck! Let us know if you get it.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 1:07am
post #3 of 5

I know how you feel about not being able to find your recipes. You are familiar with how that fondant works for you and what you can do with it. I have made a fondant on line here at CC's and love it however it takes a few hours to rest after you make it so that would not work if you don't have that kind of time. Is your cake to be shaped like a zebra or 3 d? is it to be a cake that has a structure to support it? I believe it is michelle's updated fondant, but will go check and let you know for sure. Best wishes.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 1:14am
post #4 of 5

I have used this recipe 2 or 3 times and really like it. As you can see at the bottom is a chocolate variation. I have not made the chocolate myself yet.

Michele Fosters Updated Fondant

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/michele-fosters-updated-fondant/

hlaw97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hlaw97 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 8:57am
post #5 of 5

i will be using the Zebra Print on my bottom layer of the cake which will be a 10 inch square, teal butter cream. with brown zebra print.

the top layer will be an 8 inch square, i think im going to catty corner this one, will be brown, with Orange and teal accents of stars and polka dots. Then I am going to Top with a layered bow I found here on Cake central using all 3 colors!!
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1273648
using Teal Backing, with Brown and I will use orange dots on the bow!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2064737 - The color combination on the base of the cakes I will use

I am looking for a really awesome border to put on this cake too!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%