Sugar Free Help!!

Baking By Pattycakes80 Updated 29 Oct 2011 , 9:16am by JanH

Pattycakes80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pattycakes80 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I have just had a request come in for a childs 1st birthday cake. There is a slight problem as the mother wants the cake as "sugar free as possible" and also for the frosting to be sugar free. She has requested a cake that is maybe Vanilla with some fruit in it. And the frosting to be cream cheese.

I have only been cake decorating for 10 months and the only orders I ever get are for my well known white and dark choc mud cake, so this is totally out of my area.

Can I make just a regular vanilla cake and put some cherries in it for a bit of fruit??

ALso, how do I make sugar free cream cheese frosting? All the recipes I have googled have 2 or 3 cups of icing sugar in them also. The frosting needs to be coloured green for grass and completely cover the cake.

Thank you all so much icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 4

For the cream cheese icing there a few online if you google sugar free cream cheese frosting. All recipes which is one of my favorite sites has one. I put it below.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/sugar-free-frosting/detail.aspx

I would make the cake, add a frosting, then add a layer of fresh fruit (or is she saying she actually wants fruit baked into the cake?), then more cake, etc. If I were going to add fruit to an already established batter, I would add dried fruit not fresh.

Pattycakes80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pattycakes80 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 7:43am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so muchicon_smile.gif

IS that recipe ok to color??

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 9:16am
post #4 of 4

Healthy cake recipes:
(Healthy being a relative term.) icon_lol.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-576938-.html

HTH