Help! Trying To Locate A Poured White Ganache Recipe

Baking By JoyceD Updated 1 Nov 2011 , 5:14pm by JoyceD

JoyceD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyceD Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 4

Have spent many hours searching for a white ganache for pouring a covering over a cake. If I am understanding the recipes correctly, the ones I have come across are not completely covering a cake, which is what I am needing. I have made chocolate ganache in the past, just not white chocolate to achieve this effect. Would the recipe be the same, just substituting the black for the white?

Another question - is it possible to color a white chocolate ganache to make another color without affecting flavor or consistency?

Would appreciate any feedback.

3 replies
Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 4

The recipe I use for white chocolate ganache is 3 parts chocolate to 1 part heavy whipping cream. I melt the chocolate and heat cream to a boil, separately. Then I combine.

Sorry, I do not know about coloring it. I have never tried.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 1:16am
post #3 of 4

The recipe of 3 parts white chocolate to 1 part of heavy cream is the same recipe I use and it works. You can adjust the amounts that you need to cover the whole cake.
To color the ganache use a candy color as it will seize up with color gels, they have some water in them. You could purchase color candy melts if that would help you also.
evelyn

JoyceD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyceD Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the input, will use it on my next cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%