Help! Trying To Locate A Poured White Ganache Recipe

Baking By JoyceD Updated 1 Nov 2011 , 5:14pm by JoyceD

JoyceD Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 4

Have spent many hours searching for a white ganache for pouring a covering over a cake. If I am understanding the recipes correctly, the ones I have come across are not completely covering a cake, which is what I am needing. I have made chocolate ganache in the past, just not white chocolate to achieve this effect. Would the recipe be the same, just substituting the black for the white?

Another question - is it possible to color a white chocolate ganache to make another color without affecting flavor or consistency?

Would appreciate any feedback.

3 replies
Vista Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 4

The recipe I use for white chocolate ganache is 3 parts chocolate to 1 part heavy whipping cream. I melt the chocolate and heat cream to a boil, separately. Then I combine.

Sorry, I do not know about coloring it. I have never tried.

cakegrandma Posted 30 Oct 2011 , 1:16am
post #3 of 4

The recipe of 3 parts white chocolate to 1 part of heavy cream is the same recipe I use and it works. You can adjust the amounts that you need to cover the whole cake.
To color the ganache use a candy color as it will seize up with color gels, they have some water in them. You could purchase color candy melts if that would help you also.

JoyceD Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the input, will use it on my next cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%