Maybe Its Just Me...

Decorating By Lovelyladylibra Updated 29 Oct 2011 , 2:25am by jules5000

Lovelyladylibra Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 9:48am
post #1 of 6

Maybe its just me, but I hate designer brand themed baby shower cakes -_-. (like Juicy Couture, Nautica, Gucci, Polo etc.) It just seems so unoriginal and tacky. I have a friend who want me to do her baby shower cake, nautica if its a boy and juicy couture if its a girl.... I really don't want to just because I don't care to do those themes. icon_rolleyes.gif

but anyway rant over off to look at some cute cakes icon_smile.gif

5 replies
costumeczar Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 6

Just tell her that you won't do copyrighted logos on cakes because you don't want the companies to sue you. If she protests that they won't do that tell her it's happened before, and you really don't think that she wants to get you in trouble, does she? icon_wink.gif

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 12:42am
post #3 of 6

I don't get the designer obsession at all, and especially with a baby shower cake. I really don't see what a designer brand has to do with celebrating a baby on the way. Seems like its just an attempt to impress the guests. I'm not one of those people that buys designer brand items anyway. Why would I pay a bunch more money just to have a name or logo on an item? Not to mention I'm too broke to buy them anyway lol. I have friends that will spend hundreds of dollars on Coach purses but I'm perfectly happy with a cute purse from Target or Ross. Somebody hand me a sharpie marker and I'll make that sucker a "Michelle Couture" handbag icon_lol.gif We shopped the clearance sections growing up and my momma taught me well lol.

Lovelyladylibra Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 12:48am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Just tell her that you won't do copyrighted logos on cakes because you don't want the companies to sue you. If she protests that they won't do that tell her it's happened before, and you really don't think that she wants to get you in trouble, does she? icon_wink.gif

I will definitely mention that thanks

jules5000 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 2:25am
post #6 of 6

first of all, I have to say that it is not the baby the cake is for. It is for themama. It is her and the baby that everyone is celebrating and the party is for her. No the baby won't care.

Second of all: I agree that if you really do not want to do a cake with one of those two themes than you need to level with your friend, but I would also point out to her that you do not want to have any trouble using a copyrighted figure or idea. Except that if you have done so in the past you are going to have to say that you have changed your modus operandi? not sure if this is right, but I think that you will get the idea anyway and that you are not going to be doing copyrighted cakes anymore. If you do copyrighted cakes and are not going to quit than either do the cake for your friend whether you like that theme or not and do the best job possible or figure out another way to get around doing it yourself. Best wishes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%