Red Velvet Keeps Falling In The Middle

Baking By Rochelle1 Updated 29 Oct 2011 , 3:53pm by Rochelle1

Rochelle1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rochelle1 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 5:00am
post #1 of 3

I have a great red velvet cake recipe that I got here. It bakes wonderful in layered pans or in cup cake. But I need to make a belly cake and tried baking it in the wilton foot ball pan. I spoilt it twice already and really don't wish to deal with it again. Any suggestion at what to do? I really was trying to avoid carving. I don't find it easy to do and it takes more cake to carve.

Already I am making no profit now. How can I bake a deep cake in red velvet and middle does not fall. What temprature is best and how manay minutes would it take to bake in the foot ball pan?

Any imput is appreciiated.

Thanks.

2 replies
JennTheCakeLadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennTheCakeLadie Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 5:18am
post #2 of 3

I have made a couple of baby bump cakes. I use a large metal bowl to bake the "bump." I always fill it higher than I need, because it always falls. Since it is higher than I need, all I have to do is cut off the top inch or so and I have a perfectly level bump, with no carving required. Hope this helps.

Rochelle1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rochelle1 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 3

Was it a red velvet cake? Let me explain clearer. The red velvet cake fell it did not shrink. The batter start to rise then it drops into a doughy mass in the middle and does not raise. The sides are fine. I am wondering if the temperature of the oven is too high? Or maybe I just should not bake so much batter in the ball pan? I baked it at 175-180C same temperature I would have the layered cake pans and cup cakes. I baked it for 1 hour and some minutes and it still was not even baked through and the middle was tough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%