Runny Chocolate Ganache Ahhhhhh

Baking By rembrait Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 12:23pm by Karen421

rembrait Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:20am
post #1 of 6

Please does anyone know how to make runny ganache a bit firmer so I can spread it. I have made it before but this time it has gone all wrong.Please help.

5 replies
JSKConfections Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:29am
post #2 of 6

Put it in the frig to firm it up...what ratio chocolate to cream did you use? Is it real chocolate or white chocolate?

rembrait Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:32am
post #3 of 6

Hi ,I have had it in the fridge and nothing is is white chocolate.

JSKConfections Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:38am
post #4 of 6

I have found white chocolate need less cream and more chocolate. I made some the other night and did a ratio of 1 cup of white chocolate to 3 TBL of hot cream. You can melt some more white chocolate and whisk it in....heat the bowl you have carefully in the microwave, then wisk in the newly melted chocolate. I have done this before with white chocolate. Good luck...HTH PS...maybe try 1/4 cup of newly melted chocolate and see how that goes. icon_smile.gif

rembrait Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 11:12am
post #5 of 6

Thankyou I started from scratch again and has worked well. Good result in the end. Thanku all.

Karen421 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 6

You could add more chocolate if it is to runny or more cream if it is to stiff. White Chocolate and Milk Chocolate is a 3 parts chocolate to 1 part heavy cream ratio. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%