Need Help Finding The Tutorial..chocolate Wrap

Decorating By kel58 Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 2:48pm by icer101

kel58 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:44am
post #1 of 8

I know its here somewhere but I can't seem to find the tutorial.
I have seen lots of cake wrapped in drizzled chocolate and I think I know how to do it but would like to be sure before I have a major fail.
Thank you in advance.

7 replies
icer101 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 12:52am
post #2 of 8
JackieDryden Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 1:02am
post #3 of 8

not sure where I found the tutorial. Maybe youtube??? Look in my photos I have a chocolate wrap that I did, and even wrote Holy Family in white chocolate-it was for a auction at a church dinner. I used wax paper folded over sever times to stiffen it, you could also use VERY thin pieces of card board, covered in parchment or wax paper. You basically melt chocolates like you normally would, then let them sit for just a little bit-so they can pour but are not really runny-you can drizzle different colors of chocolate together to make a design or like I did, piped the words first in reverse, then poured dark chocolate over. Let it sit for a little bit-a few minutes. You want it soft yet not jiggy, if you pick up a corner and it runs, its not ready. YOu want it to where it's not hard, because then it will break and not form to the cake. Pick up the chocolate wrap and form it around your cake. You want to leave the wax paper still on the wrapped cake, refrigerate or let sit until it hardened. Then peel the wrap off. HTH It was pretty easy really

kel58 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:12am
post #4 of 8

Thanks JackieDryan. That is how I thought it was done and I found a video online but they used some clear plastic staff. Waxed paper is much easier to get my hands on.
Here is a link to the look I want to get.

kel58 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks TexasSugar. I saw that one but I cant seem to figure out how to open it bigger. If ther is a way that is. My eyes are just not that good to read it. lol

Is there a way to make it bigger. I thought I could just click on it but that doesnt work.

kel58 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 8

sorry nm. I now see that it is posted twice and the second one will open. Thanks

icer101 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 2:48pm
post #8 of 8

Sorry Kel58, drizzled in chocolate, threw me. I now see what you are asking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%