Large Cup Cake Cake Pan

Baking By sweetcheeks157 Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 11:08pm by imagenthatnj

sweetcheeks157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcheeks157 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone out there used Wilton's cupcake cake pan and not have it burn? I am looking for helpful advice. I have tried lining it with parchment, but still have to cook it so long for center to cook that I get an outside layer resmebling burnt crust.

I have a metal tube/core from another pan set I can try to stabilize in the center to help cook the center, but not sure this will work as the cake is not all that big...ust wide and deep.

Please help soon! Otherwise I will be making a boatload of cake and carving!

2 replies
wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 3

Instead of the metal tube how about using flower nails. I have used them in cakes and they really seem to help.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 3

Lots of people have trouble with it. Some people don't even use it anymore to bake the cake but to use it as a mold for the cupcake liner (in melted chocolate), and then they just carve a cake.

I have heard that one of the sides bakes faster than the other one. I've heard people bake one side first, take it out, and then bake the other side. That way, they can lower the temperature and bake longer.

Read the instructions on the first comment here. It seems to have helped a lot of people. You definitely have to add the cake batter at separate times.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UPRAXA/?tag=cakecentral-20

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%