Please Help With Rkt Teapot

Decorating By tullicious Updated 1 Nov 2011 , 2:01pm by Claire138

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 3

I made a RKT teapot for the top of a cake I'm making. I made the handle and spout from gumpaste. I put a toothpick in the spout and stuck it in the side of the pot, then I used gumpaste glue to make it stay. But this morning i woke up and the spout is hanging. The toothpick is still in place, but the spout is not sitting flush with the pot. How should I have attached this? Any advice how to make it stay???? Thanks!

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 3

My favorite way to attach heavy-ish things is with melted chocolate (or candy melts). Just melt some in the microwave and put it in a pastry bag, or even a plastic sandwich bag. Snip off the tip and pipe it onto the surface you want to stick. You might want to hold the spout in place while the chocolate cools a little, but it won't take long. Between toothpicks/skewers and melted chocolate, I've never had anything fall off the side of a cake! And if you don't put a metal tip in the icing bag, you can reheat the whole thing in the microwave when the unused chocolate starts getting hard.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 1 Nov 2011 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 3

Marianna, that's a great tip. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%