Baking By CiNoRi Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 2:13pm by TexasSugar

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:47am
post #1 of 9
8 replies
MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:55am
post #2 of 9

That's a little risky so I would say no. I think the cake would start to leak and the filling will ooze out. Without knowing the ingredients in the dipping sauce it is also hard to determine if it would break down the buttercream you would use to frost the cake on the outside too. Therefore, consider making a buttercream and flavoring with the dulce de leche dipping sauce.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:26pm
post #3 of 9

I haven't used this, but I tend to agree with MCurry. I think it's risky and might start to leak. icon_smile.gif

CiNoRi Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:29pm
post #4 of 9

Have you tried that? Will the fondant take the sauce/bc mix ok for if i were to fill and cover the cake in this?

CiNoRi Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 9

I am ope to suggestions too on what I could do other than the BC/sauce mix. Im just trying to come up with something for a last minute cake for sunday!

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 9

I have used flavorings such as preserves, flavored coffee creamers, and caramels sauces to manipulate buttercream flavors.

There should not be any problem with icing the overall cake. I've done that as well. Good luck!

CiNoRi Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 1:08pm
post #7 of 9

Yeah I have done the preserves and such, this variation just scares me

HA!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 1:17pm
post #8 of 9

CiNoRi, I've seen this (I mean what's on the inside and not just the can) and it's the consistency of a thick pudding. It would be no worse as a filling than a fruit filling, and would be a lot less likely to seep into the cake than some other fillings I've seen. It's basically condensed milk that's been boiled in the can for a couple of hours. People here actually buy condensed milk and make this stuff themselves by putting the unopened can on a slow boil for a long time. I guess Nestle finally decided they would do it themselves and market it. Anyhow, with a good buttercream dam, it would work just fine. Mixed with BC it would be a very tasty frosting, too, and if it's too thin you can always add more powdered sugar to it. And since it's almost pure sugar and it's been cooked to death it doesn't need refrigeration.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 2:13pm
post #9 of 9

I LOVE this stuff. The Dulce De Leche from Nestles is awesome! This is my go to filling when I do a chocolate cake. It is basically the same product as boiling a can of condensed milk only I don't have to wait for it to cool before I get to open it. It's ready to go when I am.

I never put my cakes in the fridge and have never had a problem with this going bad, oozing out or anything use when I use it as a filling. It is very thick, sometimes too thick and I have to warm it or mix in a little milk.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%