Flavour Combinations For Kids?

Decorating By wannabe_cake_maker Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 11:13pm by vgereis

wannabe_cake_maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabe_cake_maker Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 5

What are your go to flavour combinations for kids parties? I have a cake coming up for my niece who is turning 2. I was thinking WASC with mini chocolate chips in it and then a regular vanilla buttercream. What do you think? What do you usually make for kiddies?

4 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 5

WASC with chocolate pudding for the filling is popular with kids.

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 5

Oreo cookie buttercream is one of my go to's for kids' parties.

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 5

I usually get asked to do either chocolate or vanilla(WASC) cake for kids parties. Kids seem to like Cookies n Cream filling. You can either make a buttercream with crushed oreos in it or a super easy delicious Cookies n Cream mousse: Lg box Jello Cookies n Cream inst pudding
1 cp whipping cream
1 cp milk*
Beat 'til thickened (*if using skim milk use 2/3 cp skim
and 1 1/3 whiping cream)
icon_biggrin.gif

vgereis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgereis Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 5

Hi guys!

Sorry to slightly hijack this post but saw the bit about cookies n cream filling and wondered if you thought a filling like that could be used for a 3d carved cake. Am going to make a pirate ship cake in a few weeks and so far most of the cakes I've done (I'm very new to this!) have just been layered with bc but would love to get more adventurous (not at the expense of a lot of work though! Lol).

For what it's worth to the op... So far most of the kids cakes I'd been asked to do were choc with vanilla bc or white choc bc! Hope that helps!

Thanks again and sorry for hijacking a little!
Best,

Vicky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%