ieatcakes157 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 5:25pm
post #1 of

Heya, I need to make a new home cakes for my brother in law for Saturday, but I'm really struggling for ideas!
I've searched the gallery, and there are some really super ones, but theyre moving into an apartment, not a house!
I thought about doing a number 66 cake, but I'm just a beginner, and if I'm honest, a round/square one would be a lot easier!
I'm struggling for ideas! Any help would be massively appreciated icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
theresaf Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 6:25pm
post #2 of

How about a sheet cake cut into the shape of a key or a doormat that says 'welcome'. For the doormat you can use the grasstip to make a grass-type doormat and then cut out the letters to "welcome" in fondant or even ice those as well. Easy to make, carry, cut - who could ask for more!! Good luck!

Panel7124 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 7:44pm
post #3 of

Or a simple sheet cake divided in rooms as the new appartment is (like looking from the top seeing only the division walls). You can add only some decorations - a couch and TV for the living room, bathtub for the bathroom, stove for the kitchen, table for the dinning room...

And some writing like Welcome home or something like that.

ieatcakes157 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 8:00pm
post #4 of

Thank you! icon_smile.gif
What brilliant ideas! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%