Peanut Butter Cake That Supports Fondant

Baking By amarilloyankee Updated 4 Nov 2011 , 4:54pm by sexysnowtiger

amarilloyankee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarilloyankee Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:07am
post #1 of 5

Ok I am searching for a strong peanut butter cake that will support Fondant. I have baked 2 12x16 cakes & both have broke when I tried to wrap with plastic wrap to put in the freezer argghh!! It seems like a very soft cake recipe that I am using, not sure if it will support MMF. I am a hobby baker so not the best at "knowing" these things. I have only baked about 20 cakes & most of mine are carved & I have only used WASC cakes.

Please any help ASAP cake is due Saturday.

The cake is a Guitar cake so not too much carving but lots of fondant decorations

Thank you

PS the recipe I am using I is
DH butter mix with
1/2 cup pb &
4 eggs
1/2 butter

4 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:24am
post #2 of 5

I don't think the problem is the recipe. I think the cake may have been too warm when you tried to move it or you moved it improperly when trying to wrap it. I would use a cookie sheet and slide it under the cake before you move it. Good luck.

amarilloyankee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarilloyankee Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:36am
post #3 of 5

I let it set in the pan for over an hr & then let it set another hr on the cooling rack? I dont really know how to wrap them I just usually wrap them by flipping them quickly? I would love any tips. I think the first cake I can save & use as the neck but the last one argghh the side end broke off about 2". I have one more cake to bake to stack on the last one. I will do what ever i need to to make the cake look great! icon_wink.gif It's for my friend's 2yr old.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 29 Oct 2011 , 8:34am
post #4 of 5

Peanut Butter Cake - Betty Crocker (not WASC) *doubled version
2 pkgs white cake mix
1 c creamy peanut butter
6 eggs
2 1/2 c water
2/3 c oil

Peanut Butter Filling - MacsMom
1 jar creamy peanut butter (2 c)
2 pkgs cream cheese
2 c powdered sugar
2 T vanilla extract
2 C Bettercreme

sexysnowtiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexysnowtiger Posted 4 Nov 2011 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5

Yes I would go with that recipe that sweettreat101 gave you. I made a wedding cake with that recipe. It was the middle tier MMF with lot of gumpaste MMF accents on it and it held up beautifully, and besides it tastes real good too. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%