Serving Size Guide Question

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 26 Oct 2011 , 4:53am by CWR41

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:04am
post #1 of 2

I came up with my serving size/price guide several years ago. I have it broken down with single tiers, 2 tier, 3 tier sizes and so on. Each size has a range of how many people it serves which is the standard recommendations as the bigger number and slightly smaller number for bigger pieces of cake (i.e.6" serves 8-12 people) with a base price for each size. I realized a while ago that I used the wedding serving size chart for my guide but never changed it. I just got through fixing all the serving sizes on my chart and it did not change it a ton since I had ranges for each size but I did have to change pricing a bit. I have never had anyone complain that they did not have enough cake though. So my question is should I go ahead and start using my new guide even though its never been a problem and it will actually increase the sizes and prices of my cake orders? Thanks for any input and I hope this makes sense.

1 reply
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 4:53am
post #2 of 2

If I understand correctly, your new guide will cause you to make slightly larger cakes to accommodate the serving goal, yet the price will also increase--so I see it as a wash... probably the same price per serving.

I don't view it as a problem, as long as you aren't doing more work for less money or giving away extra servings of cake for free. (Industry standard servings of 8 cubic inches are more than enough.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%