Chocolate Theme Help Please

Lounge By Lenette Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 10:48am by Jennifer353

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a big event here, the theme is chocolate. I need something unique, delicious, slightly over the top, something unexpected. They are expecting about 400 people so it also needs to be efficient to serve.

I need to stand out at this event, there are like 40 other restaurants/caterers and such there, many movers and shakers in the community. I make a banging chocolate cupcake but I figure lots of folks can do that, KWIM? The presentation and taste needs to be spot on. Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated!

3 replies
bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 4

Can you do "minis" like Chocolate Ganache Tarts or Flourless Chocolate Cakes topped with fresh whipped cream and raspberries. Maybe Fudge, or a decadent fudge brownie? Good luck!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 2:16am
post #3 of 4

Here are some how-to's on chocolate decos on cakes. You could adapt them to cupcakes.

chocolate flower or butterfly decoration

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 10:48am
post #4 of 4

Does it have to be sweet?
From bringing cakes to work (a non food related job) many of the men are not that keen on sweet food (sweeping generalisation about men I realise but generally true in this office). If you could do some savoury canopes or something like that incorporating chocolate they would certainly be different and unexpected while appreciated by those who prefer savoury food. You could do some sweet and some savory making them look similar but put say a flower on the sweet ones and some parsley on the savoury?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%