Sprinkles In Cake Advice Please

Baking By Jennifer353 Updated 28 Oct 2011 , 10:13am by Jennifer353

Jennifer353 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 3

I am going to visit friends next weekend to see their new baby and I would love to bring cake I have never put sprinkles in a cake but think they are fun so thought I might try it. What do I need to be aware of? I think I read on here some time ago not to use the little ball sprinkles because they just disappear/look bad is that right? Can I use any of the long strand ones?

I have a vegan lemon cake I was going to try for them if I wasnt using sprinkles in the batter but would also like to try the spiced version of the Chocolate Depression cake which I assume would turn out an orangey colour. Would that and orange/brown/red/yellow sprinkles look nice and like a fall cake or just odd?

Any suggestions greatly received! Probably not an issue for what I am asking here but it does all need to be dairy free.
I havent thought yet about how I will decorate it but that may turn into another post!

2 replies
erin2345 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 3

you can use these kind of sprinkles http://teaandtoast-simran.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-sprinkles.html Third picture down, on the cupcakes. You need to use the flat, round type of sprinkles, just throw a handful or 2 in your batter and bake as normal.

Jennifer353 Posted 28 Oct 2011 , 10:13am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your help, I found some of those sprinkles in the supermarket last night so am going to give it a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%