Strawberry Cake With Chocolate Frosting Help.

Baking By dmmcvey Updated 25 Oct 2011 , 3:22am by doramoreno62

dmmcvey Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 1:33am
post #1 of 7

I am making a wedding cake this weekend. The bride does NOT want fondant. She wants the grooms cake to be strawberry & have brown frosting. It's a cowboy boot. In order to get a good dark brown the only thing I can think of is a chocolate buttercream, but I don't know what that would taste like with the strawberry cake. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't want to make a vanilla or cream cheese icing and just color it brown as that would take a TON of mixing & generally doesn't turn out well. I was hoping someone could tell me if the chocolate & strawberry taste well together or give me another idea for a frosting. Thanks!

6 replies
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 1:57am
post #2 of 7

What about the Hershey's Chocolate Frosting on the back of the cocoa container? It is delicious! Goes great with Strawberry in my opinion.

lovecakes52 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:01am
post #3 of 7

What about a chocolate ganache, after it has set and thickened?

icer101 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:21am
post #4 of 7

Chocolate and strawberry taste great together. Toba Garret has a great chocolate buttercream recipe using ganache in it. It taste wonderful. hth

cownsj Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:50am
post #5 of 7

I absolutely LOVE strawberry cake with chocolate frosting.

lovecakes52 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:52am
post #6 of 7

Icer, that sounds so good! Do you know where we can find the recipe? Thanks

doramoreno62 Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 3:22am
post #7 of 7

Of course strawberry and chocolate go together! Have you never had a chocolate dipped strawberry??? Heaven!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%